Uncommon Schools High School Curriculum Hub Data Privacy Notice
Information you provide to us
If you register to use the Service, we will collect the personal information you submit to us to build your user profile, including, but not limited to, your name, email, school and job title.
Information we collect from you automatically
Uncommon will directly collect analytics data to measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. We also collect non-personally identifiable information for the purposes of evaluating, monitoring, and improving the Service’s functionality and performance. This information includes but is not limited to a user’s IP address, domain information, and “cookie” information. A cookie is a piece of data stored on your hard drive containing information about you. The Service uses cookie information to aid in providing functional system experience for users. If you reject the cookie, you may still access the Service, but some features of the Service may not function properly.
How We Use Your Data
- We use the data you provide and the data we collect to provide the Service to you. This includes allowing you to log in to the Service, operating and maintaining the Service and giving you access to the curriculum.
- Allowing you to view and share information using the Service and connect with other users.
- Data Analytics. We use information about you to improve the Service and our users’ experience by monitoring aggregate metrics.
- We use the information you provide and information about you to customize the Service to your needs.
- We use your contact information to communicate with you as necessary to provide the Service. We may send you emails about technical issues, security alerts or administrative matters.
- Uncommon Schools will use or disclose your information where we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to protect the security or integrity of our Service; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Uncommon Schools, our Users or others.
Who Will Have Access to Your Data
Because users enter the data stored in the Service, they also control its accuracy. If you discover that data in the Service is inaccurate or requires change, you are responsible for correcting the information in your account or requesting that it be corrected.
Users may request that personal data be deleted from the Service. Upon deletion, Uncommon Schools is challenged to further access the data, and Uncommon Schools is not responsible to recover the data.
Uncommon Schools cares about the security of your data and uses appropriate safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all data collected through the Service. To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account.
- Specific security safeguards include:
Uncommon Schools will only authorize access to the information and data included in the Service to its trained employees and third-party contractors who are necessary to provide service to users and/or to support the operation or development of the Service.
- Each authorized user is given a unique user ID and password. You must safeguard your username and password, and not permit any unauthorized access to your data entered or kept in the Service.
- Uncommon Schools uses industry standard hardware, software and encryption in its provision of the Service to secure your data.
Uncommon Schools reserves the right to revise this Policy at any time. When Uncommon Schools modifies this Policy, the updated Policy will be posted by Uncommon Schools within the Service.